Questions About LoA (continued from here)
17) How should I act when I get what I want? Does the great mystery or universal principles of Law of Attraction need me to feel grateful?
An amusing and interesting question, and a very important one. Suppose you respond to manifestation with surprise, or “thanks to God”, or as though it were just a lucky break, lucky coincidence or some kind of special blessing?
To me, this suggests you don’t have absolute belief in the increased level of awareness and consciousness that has brought you success by using these universal Laws. To think of them as something special puts them in the category of rare events – and they do not need to be rare in your life.
Sidebar: If the only prayer you say in your life is “Thank You” that would suffice. – Meister Eckhart (1260-1327)
18) Tell me again why feelings matter so much? Why can’t I just picture what I want?
Well, we don’t know the scientific answer to this, because such things are beyond science – or at least, they’re beyond the level of scientific understanding we have at the moment.
But what we do know is how the universal law of attraction operates.
Feeling or emotion, or the energy behind feelings, is what drives the Law Of Attraction. The stronger the feeling, the quicker the manifestation and the more effective your visualization is going to be.
There are two main areas in which you need to feel intense emotion. One is when you’re experiencing your desire for an outcome, because that seems to switch the Law Of Attraction on….. and the other is when you imagine your feelings as if you have already achieved your desired outcome. Those feelings are the ones which propel the Law Of Attraction to continue working in your interest.
Every single person who’s been successful using this law, who I know, has mentioned how important both of these elements of feeling are: (1) intense desire, and (2) feeling the powerful emotional experience of getting their desired outcome.
The more consistently and persistently you feel these things, the more responsive the universal Law will be to what your wishes, to what you are trying to achieve. For example, the more abundant and successful you feel, the more abundant and successful you will be, because you are in a state of mind where it’s easy to make things manifest.
And if you’re in a place of fear about lack of money, worried about how to make ends meet until you get your next paycheck, you’re surely setting yourself up in a place where your predominant emotions are fear and anxiety. And when you focus on lack, you’re certainly not focusing on abundance, and it’s only by focusing on abundance and the expectation of it coming to you, that you’re going to become abundant.
If you like, that’s a rather beautiful explanation of why the saying “The rich get rich and the poor get poorer”.
This is often true – it’s a matter of what they expect the world to give them, it’s a matter what they expect to receive from the world.
Fortunately there are plenty of ways in which you can become more aware of the nature of your predominant feelings.
Simply by asking yourself how you feel about money, or the prospect of a relationship, or whatever else it is that you’re trying to achieve, you can establish whether or not you have any fears or doubts about these things manifesting in your life.
If you have, you can then go to work on changing both the way you feel and the things that you believe about your current circumstances.
Affirmations and creative visualization exercises are incredibly powerful, particularly when they’re done consistently and repeatedly. But there are plenty of other techniques as well, which you can find on the techniques page of this very website.
As Jack Canfield says:
Visualization of your goals and desires accomplishes four very important things.
1 It activates your creative subconscious which will start generating creative ideas to achieve your goal.
2 It programs your brain to more readily perceive and recognize the resources you will need to achieve your dreams.
3 It activates the law of attraction, thereby drawing into your life the people, resources, and circumstances you will need to achieve your goals.
4 It builds your internal motivation to take the necessary actions to achieve your dreams.
See more at: https://jackcanfield.com/
20) It always seems to be about money, doesn’t it? But I want to get something more spiritual, like a wonderful relationship. Is that possible?
It certainly is possible, I’ve done that myself. Using the Law Of Attraction conscious creation, as in fact you can read in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, is just as easy as manifesting money, perhaps more so if your belief system around money is rather negative.
So for example if you wanted a new girlfriend, you should imagine everything that you would do with that person, feeling the joy and excitement the you’d experience, imagining the places you could go together, and the emotional rewards that you would feel in an intimate soul to soul relationship.
How would you feel – that’s the real question? As we saw above, feeling is the driver for all success when using the principles of Attraction.
I did this myself many years ago, visualizing every afternoon for about an hour for three months – which seems a bit over-the-top in retrospect, but that probably reflected my belief system at the time (try hard!)– that I was in a relationship with a beautiful woman, making love, enjoying companionship and conversation and the joy of love.
Later that year I went to Greece, on my own, to Skyros. Here’s a picture. Just the place to meet a soulmate, eh?
I had to move my booking forward two weeks for some reason that I’ve long since forgotten. And I met a woman who turned out to be a life partner and a soulmate, and who, strangely enough, but had to move her booking two weeks backwards to the same time slot as mine.
Now, if I’d started worrying about how I was going to meet my beloved, I almost certainly would never of met her. Just relax and let the universe do its magic. Whoops, sorry! It’s not magic!!!
20) I think you’re being disrespectful to something that is clearly spiritual. I always bathe, put on a special robe, light incense and meditate even before I start trying to call on Law Of Attraction principles.
Good for you. If that’s what you believe is necessary, please carry on believing it. It’ll probably make you more successful. However, I think the fact you do all that stuff suggests you don’t truly believe principles of Attraction are going to work for you.
21) Visualization and meditation is so boring.
It can be at first, that’s for sure! A lot of people have told me that they experience a great deal of resistance to sitting down and picturing goals that they desire in their lives.
So the way to deal with this is to have one or two targets at a time, so you’re not overloaded with whole load of visualizations to carry out.
And spend only a few minutes visualizing them, but do it with intensity and strong emotion. As long as you send the right message to the universe, they are going to appear in your life.
Sensation precedes manifestation and is the foundation upon which all manifestation rests. Be careful of your moods and feelings, for there is an unbroken connection between your feelings and your visible world. – Neville Goddard.
22) Can you sum up some tips for success using Law Of Attraction ideas?
- Yes I certainly can. First of all you must be committed and wholehearted to achieving your objectives. Half-heartedness from you will produce a half-hearted response from the universe.
- You must always be positive and clear in your intention about what you’re trying to achieve. It’s no use being sarcastic, negative, joking about money, or even saying negative things about money. Your words and your actions must be congruent.
- You must practice the techniques on a daily basis, be that creative visualization, manifestation, self hypnosis, EFT tapping, autosuggestion… whatever.
- You must keep your work a secret except from those who will be positive and supportive.
- It’s clearly helpful to practice gratitude and appreciation both where you are now, and for everything that you manifest.
- Achieving success with the principles of Attraction is not a miracle or a privilege set aside for a few people. It’s open to everyone, but it’s also only open to people who are serious about what they’re trying to achieve.
- More than anything else, what you might want to try and achieve is the feeling of already having your desired goal.
- But whether you do or you don’t, the most important single aspect of making the universal Law operate for you is the power of feelings.
- And bear in mind that this is not greed or self-interest: it’s actually a natural use of your human capacity.
- Whether this is a gift from God or the nature of the universe is an irrelevance. Your nature is to improve, to grow and to expand, and the universe is programmed to respond to your intention in those areas.